Friday, January 7, 2011

FRESH START

I have decided (yes, once again) that I will be happy. After all isn't it one of my bedrock beliefs that I possess a manual override button for my own happiness? Still the failure of all my past such resolutions defies explanation.


Anyways, despite the bad track record this one seems to be working fine (without any particular reason). May be this is just a good year. given that I have an average life span it is a statistical impossibility that I wouldn't come across one of those. Touchwood. No need to jinx it now.


If I really had to give an explanation then, maybe I grew up a little more and got better at the smart course of action : being childlike. Call me an escapist if you will but if not thinking about stuff, being naive and unconditionally forgiving allows me to be happy then is it not the best? Okay, so it does let other people get away with a lot with no effort what-so-ever but I could just file it as (in my eco lingo) an externality and fuh-get about it. One might argue that it is not a new theory and it is unfair to give it the credit for this newfound success. Well, dear Mr. devil's advocate, you are missing the point. Sure, the theory is the same , but I just got better at execution (maybe. It is still too early to be cocky.)


Here's to a fresh start.

No comments:

Post a Comment